Minutes of Kencot Eventers May 30th 2021
Jay, Hilary and Chris, Gill, Joseph, Richard and Janet.
Action from last minutes:
Marquee bookings; Eco Garden and Bug Hotel; Mid-summer lunch; Ken Fest.
Jay has a short play (Fifteen minutes) called “Duck of the Baskervilles”. It needs 7 readers. People who aren’t reading a part could bring sound effects to enhance the dramatic effect!
We agreed this will be part of a ‘Pub With No Beer’ event in September. It can be combined with other things – communal supper, open mic session etc.
perhaps items to create sound effects. Date: 18th September.
Knit & Natter:
It was agreed to start this group again as soon as restrictions lift.
Kencot‘s Covid Experience
Mark and Jay to explore how to encourage people to contribute to a Kencot 2020/21 Memories book.
The village web site and the ‘Kencot Shares’ WhatsApp page will be the places to house the book recommendations.
We have several bookings for marquees:
July 3rd Emma Jackson. Marquee being erected on Friday 2nd after Pilates at 11.00a.m.
July 16th Kencot RiverFolk Festival (Kenfest). Marquees being erected on Friday 16th after Pilates at 11.00a.m.
Viv Goodenough (for Shipton Under Wychwood fair) 30th Aug
August 14th Alistair and Michelle Dinmore
(and also 30th August – to be arranged)
Mark will coordinate the erecting and striking of one marquee on 3rd July, and Steve and Mike have volunteered to help.
Jay to ask Mark and Michael Goodenough to help, and Henry or David from Holly Blue to tow the trailer.
Jay and Joseph have restarted the Events Insurance. It is a bit less this time because we aren’t adding the Bonfire Bash to the list of events. Funds in the Eventer’s account are very, very low. We will make this loss up when we receive the money from the Marquee hire bookings.
Our insurance company require a wheel clamp for the trailer when it is in the field during the summer months. Jay to ask David Chapman for advice.
Kenfest - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS CONTINUING
Arrangements are well in hand for this event. We need people to help erect the marquees on Friday 16th July at 11.00a.m.
• Mobile toilets are not available for hire anywhere! Everything is fully booked. • We have booked the village hall for the weekend, so people can use the toilets there, and also performers can use the hall to tune up, warm up, make themselves a drink in the kitchen and leave their instrument cases there if required
• Richard to sort sound system for stages. Will talk with Jay.
• Riverfolk Club will pay for the marquee hire and the sound engineer.
• There will be two ‘stage’ areas, one in Jay’s gazebo and the other end of the village marquees.
• Jay had a great response from people wanting to perform at Kenfest and has a full programme of performers from 12.00 noon to 8.00p.m.
• There will be acoustic playing and singing round the fire pit in the evening.
Has anyone got a big fire pit we can use in the evening? I only have a small version.
• Everyone will bring their own food and drink. There will be places for camping.
• It was felt we should not be charging entrance for this event as it is traditionally a community fun event. A voluntary collection will be taken – contributions to go towards the costs of the event and also for the Eventers Fund.
This is going well thanks to the hard work of the villagers. Thanks to Mark for taking a lead with this project. The Bug Hotel went well. The Sunflower seeds were popular but we need to get more children involved next year and open it to adults.
June 26th – at the Plough at Alvescot – organised by Mark.
To be held at the village hall or using the gazebo if warm – try for June 24th.
Dates for forthcoming events:
DATE Sunday 6th June at 1pm.
Saturday 26th June: Kencot Pub Club Midsummer Lunch, The Plough Alverscot.
Date for next meeting:
12th September 11.00am in the hall.
Jay and Janet